The Cigar Media Association is pleased to announce the 2nd Cigar Industry Awards. With the establishment of the Cigar Media Association in 2014, the members involved in the association created a process where they could honor and celebrate the companies and individuals in the cigar industry. This was first time a collaborative effort among various brands of the cigar media have come together for such a process. Once again the Awards return to recognize the 2015 accomplishments
Like last year, there are three categories. Like last year, there are three categories:
- Cigar of the Year: Our first category, Cigar of the Year, was an easy and practical category to come up with. Everyone always talks about Cigar of the Year, but we wanted media members come together to decide what cigar is truly Cigar of the Year. To quality was simple, the cigar needed to be released in the 2015 year and nominated by a Cigar Media Association member. Each member was asked to nominate five cigars for this category. Of course, multiple members votes on similar cigars, so it was easy to determine which cigars led the pack. From there, we took the five cigars with the highest votes and submitted them back to the members where there will be a final vote. The winner of Cigar of the Year will be announced January 22nd, 2016.
- Brand of the Year: Our second category, Brand of the Year, was a category that was created to recognize all brands on the market. This was a category that did not look at a specific cigar and that cigar’s accomplishments that year, but rather looked at a brand as a whole and how well received it was that year and the impact it had. In some ways, this is the big picture award, but at the same time, does not take into account a brand new release. You can look at a company that re-branded itself, a company that re-blended some past releases, or nothing at all. This company could go to that brand that did not have a huge victory, but a lot of subtle ones throughout the year. Like Cigar of the Year, we asked all the members to think of the five brands that the biggest impact on the cigar industry that year. From there, we took the five brands with the highest votes and submitted them back to members for a final vote. Like Cigar of the Year, the winner of Brand of the Year will be announced January 22nd, 2016.
- Online Media Member of the Year: Our third and final category, Online Media Member of the Year, was a category that was created to recognize the media site that delivered terrific content throughout the year. This award is given to the media member who best exemplifies what the Cigar Media Association is about, and provides the industry with a reliable and enjoyable source of content. This is an award given to the member that constantly delivered content to his or her readers throughout the year. All members of the association in good standings were able to qualify for the award, and each member was asked to vote for three members for the award. Once we had the three with the highest votes, we submitted them back for members for a final vote. The Online Media Member of the Year will be announced January 22nd, 2016.
Nomimees for 2015 Cigar of the Year
- Don Reynaldo, Warped Cigars
- El Güegüense, Foundation Cigar Company
- Flor del Valle Sky Flower, Warped Cigars
- Matilde Oscura, Matilde Cigars
- RoMa Craft Tobac Neanderthal, RoMa Craft Tobac
- Sobremesa, Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust
Nominations for 2015 Brand of the Year
- A.J. Fernandez Cigars
- Caldwell Cigar Company
- Espinosa Cigars
- Las Cumbres Tabaco
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars
- Warped Cigars
Nominations for 2015 Online Media Member of the Year